Watch Us Go

Monday, May 01, 2006

First things First

Our first post. So, I ask the Lt one day if he'd like to train for a marathon with me. This isn't the first time, I've asked him about it. But, the last time I asked, I ended up picking a race that went about 3 weeks after I had some scheduled surgery. D'oh! You can guess how far that went.

Well, this time, there's no excuses. Being a healthy person, very fit, and not afraid of pain, the Lt always agrees. I'm the one who wimps out. See, I don't really enjoy running. Well, more specifically, I don't really enjoy exercise. Or, let's just say, I haven't found my favorite one yet! =) But of all the ones I've tried, running is the one I hate the least. It's cheap, it's easy, it doesn't take any super-secret special equipment, and you can do it just about anywhere. Plus, it really tires out the dog, and a worn-out dog is a happy dog.

We've chosen the F.I.R.S.T. training plan. Runner's World raved about it, and the best part: you only run 3 days a week! That's what I'm talking about.

Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home